Sunday 7 March 2010

Nervously ordered my dress



The dress I absolutely love is the Philippa by Maggie Sottero.





I've tried it on twice and really love the shape it gives me. The price is around the £1,000 mark which I think is super expensive. I've found a similar one on ebay which can be made in China for £86. I figured it was worth a shot so have ordered one.

Can't wait for it to arrive, quite nervous about how it will actually turn out, but I've ordered a standard size which is a little smaller than my actual measmurements (which I'm hoping may just work out for me as it's a corset back.

The seller has fairly good feedback but has just recently started selling dresses so I'm a little nervous about the end result, but I guess I can always return it if it doesn't work......it would just be so great if it did though - watch this space! Dress will take about a month to arrive.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh that is pretty! Which Chinese place did you order from? I'm going to a shop to try on styles to see what suits me and then get one from China! On a tight budget you see. I saw you on the YAYW April 2011 topic btw so thought I'd say hi, I'm documenting my wedding on my Hip and Thrifty blog (amongst other things) so you're welcome to take a peek, would be cool to have someone in a similar position :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Natz, I'm following your blog now - so you are next April too! I ordered the dress from braw218 on eBay as their sizes were closest to mine. I wanted to order an 'off the peg' size instead of made to measure so I could check the quality etc. first - as you can return the standard sizes - so not much to lose really if it isn't so great when it arrives.

    Hopefully we can share lots of tips along the way....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh fab! I will def check them out! I am stuck between an eBay dress and one from Honeypie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete