Thursday 18 February 2010

Planning begins

I've put together a quick list of all the bits and pieces I'll need to put in place:

Ceremony – we’re having a humanist ceremony – who to book? Readings, vows, rituals – lighting of candles / handfasting etc.
Dress – hoping to get one for a high street price, really don’t want to spend thousands on something I will wear just once, if Primark did bridal wear I’d be in there!
Invite list – getting it down on paper
Photographer & Videographer – need to research these
Colour – colour scheme for dresses and venue
Invitations – buy ready made or make my own?
Bouquet – traditional flowers, silk flowers or alternative – button bouquet?
Decoration – centrepieces, table names / numbers, place cards
Cake – high street option, have it made, use an alternative cake – stack of cheese?
Entertainment – something unusual or usual DJ?
Music – what to walk down the aisle to? First dance? Reception?
Transport – how to arrive?
Menus – what will we eat
Hair – something simple, but what?
Make up – probably do this myself as I don’t like wearing it heavy – likely to treat myself to some new purchases
Presents for bridal party – something personalised?
Favours – tempted not to have any, but I’ll keep it as the last thing on my list


The Nikah will be a much smaller affair, so for that the main thing to get will be the dress.

If anyone has any advise for any of the above, I'm grateful for any help :)

1 comment:

  1. hello :) If you decide to have a button bouquet, I would definitely recommend Liza @ http://www.etsy.com/shop/letters4lilly, she's been fantastic for ours. Favours are the last on our list too, I don't think we'll have them - they can be so expensive!

    ReplyDelete